Did you know it is Winnie the Pooh Day? When I heard that it was coming up this week I decided I would try to create something special to share with you for the occasion. The card turned out really CUTE, but the amount of time and tedious effort that it involved was kind of ridiculous. I am sure it was far too involved for Winnie the Pooh himself to have approved of it. What do you think?
All of these characters were created with Stampin’ Up paper and punches. It literally took me all night to make just the three that you see here. I figure there is a lesson we can learn from this little exercise. After all, Winnie the Pooh is all about simplicity… and honey. In the end, I have the likeness of Pooh, but there is none of his character here. It wasn’t simple and I don’t even have a honey pot on the card.
I wonder how often in my crafting, and in life in general, I do this? Do I complicate things so much that it takes the fun out of it? Or do I over think things and turn them into something they really aren’t? It probably happens to me more than I care to admit. So I made a list of Winnie the Pooh quotes that will give us wisdom in keeping life simple and fun.
Winnie the Pooh Wisdom
- Don’t think too much. You’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place.
- Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.
- Let’s start by taking a smallish nap or two…
- Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
- When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles.
- “What day is it?” “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh.
- It’s more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?”
I hope this Pooh wisdom brought a smile to your face, I know it did mine. 🙂